Want to boost up the performance of your Netgear Nighthawk router? If so, updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the best options to consider. Updating the router’s firmware will not only improve your Nighthawk’s device firmware but also fix major technical issues with it.
Walkthrough the instructions provided in this post and learn how to update the Nighthawk’s router firmware in a fly.
Read More Informative Articles Only On: 12disruptors.com
Instructions to Perform Firmware Update
Step 1: Plug In Your Router
The very first thing that you have to do in order to update the Nighthawk router’s firmware is to provide a continuous and sufficient power supply to your Netgear device. Ensure to choose a working wall outlet for your device in order to avoid any inconvenience during the firmware update process.
Step 2: Connect Your Devices
The next step that you need to do in order to update the Nighthawk router’s firmware in a hassle-free manner is to connect your Netgear device and modem using an Ethernet cable.
Step 3: Turn on a Device
Now, turn on a WiFi-enabled device and connect it to the router’s network. The device’s software/ driver that you are about to use must be up-to-date. Bear in mind – an outdated version might give you a firmware update issue.
Step 4: Access the Web Address
- As soon as the stable Ethernet connection between your Nighthawk router and modem gets established, power on a computer or laptop.
- Pull up an internet browser of your choice.
- Hover your mouse cursor towards the browser’s address bar.
- Carefully enter routerlogin.net web address or 192.168.1.1 IP. Want to avoid login issues? Then, do not enter the router’s IP or the web address with typos in the browser’s search bar field.
- Once you’re done, press the Enter key.
Step 5: Log in to Your Router
- As soon as you press the Enter key – the Nighthawk router login window will display.
- When prompted, fill in the default router credentials into the required fields.
- Click Log In.
Step 6: Perform Firmware Update
- Access the Settings page of your Nighthawk router.
- Locate and click on Firmware update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully in the exact given the order to finish performing the Nighthawk router firmware update process with ease.
That’s it! In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router with great ease. On the off chance you get stuck ant any Nighthawk router firmware update step, then consider applying the fixes highlighted below.
Fix: Can’t Perform Firmware Update
Fix 1: Make sure the Ethernet cable is in good condition. Replace it right away in case of any damage. Avoid connecting your devices wirelessly during the firmware update process.
Fix 2: Ensure that the internet browser you are using doesn’t consist of cache, junk files, and browsing history.
Fix 3: If routerlogin.net refuses to redirect you to the Nighthawk router login page, use 192.168.1.1 IP instead.
Fix 4: In the event that you aren’t sure about the default Nighthawk router login admin name and password, it is suggested – refer to the Netgear device manual.
Still, getting Nighthawk router firmware update fail error? In that case, do the following:
Restart the device (PC or laptop) that you are using to update the firmware of your router.
Once you’re done, restart your Netgear Nighthawk router as well. For this, disconnect your router from the currently connected devices. Then, unplug your router from the wall outlet in which it is plugged. Now, you have to wait for some time. Plugin your router back. Connect your devices including the modem to the router, and try to perform the firmware update process again.
Are you done applying the fixes listed above? Did they help you to perform the Nighthawk router setup process in a hassle-free way? Just in case, your answer remains the same, feel free to shoot all your issues into the comments section.