It appears that a few customers are experiencing this hassle. The hassle is that the Messages app stops operating well for a few customers after updating their iPhone or iPad gadgets to the modern day iOS software program model or after restarting their gadgets.
More specifically, right here are the a few signs that customers are having:
- The Messages app is best displaying a blank, white display, which means all messages (text – SMS- and iMessages) appear to have disappeared and gone; but nonetheless pink quantity badge shows that there are a few new messages.
- Unable to ship and acquire new messages
- The ship (inexperienced or blue) arrow button isn’t always operating
- Text message notifications and previews at the lock display appear to be operating messages app blank
Text messages disappeared from iPhone or iPad?
Use those steps if the Messages app stops responding, otherwise you come upon a hassle at the same time as seeking to get admission to your messages.
After every step, please test to peer in case your is resolved.
- Restart your tool. You can also additionally accomplish that with the aid of using going to Settings > General > Shut Down (iOS eleven or later)
- Force restart your tool. Read this newsletter to find out how you may do this.
- Turn on Airplay mode and wait some seconds and flip it returned off.
- Go to Settings > Messages > Keep Messages and pick out 30 days (observe that this selection will delete your vintage messages, you can pass this in case you do now no longer need to that) and faucet Delete.delete older messages
- Go to Settings > Messages and flip off iMessage after which MMS Messaging and wait some seconds and flip them returned on.Messages app settings
- Update your tool to the modern day model of iOS. You can try this wirelessly with the aid of using going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- The final choice is which you do a Factory Reset at the iPhone and repair from a current backup file, in case you nonetheless have this hassle. Here is how:
- Before you do anything, make certain which you have a backup file. You can test this with the aid of using going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Back ups, in which you may see all your backups.
- If you need, in particular in case you do now no longer have any returned up, you may returned up your tool. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup after which faucet Back Up Now (observe that you may activate iCloud Backup to mechanically returned up your tool).
- Now you’ve got got a backup file, really visit Settings > General > Reset, then faucet “Erase all content material and settings.” Simply comply with the instructions. Make positive which you pick out Restore from iCloud Backup.