Summer is the time when most people start losing their hair. This is because of the change in weather, which affects the scalp and hair. Everyone loves and enjoys the summers, but it takes a toll on your hair. Sun rays are very harmful to the skin and hair. This one reason is enough to keep you protected from the sun.
However, let’s see some more reasons for this summer hair fall.
People usually opt for long hours of exposure under direct sunlight on beaches or water parks, which ultimately leads to hair fall you can use hair oil also for your beard you can use beard balm.
Hair is very easy to manage in winters, but things are different in summers. If you swim or dive for a long time then chlorine enters into the hair shaft through the scalp and results in hair fall.
If your hairs are not cleaned completely after coming out of the water, it leads to infection which further leads to hair fall.
Things you can do to avoid hair fall:
If you are facing the heat, try staying in air-conditioned rooms for some time. This will give your body a break from the extreme temperature and will also ensure that your hair doesn’t face any damage or stress during this season.
Another healthy habit is to drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day. Water helps to strengthen the root of your hair, which ultimately leads to fewer falls.
Another reason for this summer hair fall is because of over-shampooing or excessive use of hair styling tools like curling iron and blow dryer. Try cleaning them after every 3-4 uses for a thorough fresh look on your hair.
It is advisable to use oil on your hair at least twice a week. This will keep your scalp healthy and clear of all infections which ultimately helps to reduce the chances of hair fall.
Switch over to herbal products for washing your hair. You can try using neem or tulsi-based products because both are good for the health of your hair and also help to reduce excessive hair fall.
While washing, make sure you scrub only the scalp and roots of your hair with a mild shampoo. This will cleanse your hair completely without affecting its natural oils which ultimately helps to hold on the hair longer.
If you are thinking about giving up styling products completely then I won’t recommend that because it is just impossible to live without them in summers. Just keep a check and be careful while applying styling products to your hair. Try to use mild and herbal products only which will eventually help you to reduce the chances of hair fall.
The scalp needs regular oiling during summers. This helps to reduce heat rash and other infections that cause hair fall.
Other Common Causes of Hair fall in Women?
There could be many other reasons for hair fall in women. Some of them are listed below:
- Anemia can be a cause of hair fall in women. This is because anemia leads to a deficiency of iron, which is necessary for healthy hair.
- Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also lead to hair fall.
- Thyroid problems can also be a cause of hair fall in women.
- Certain types of drugs, like birth control pills, can also cause hair fall.
- Excessive stress can also be a cause of hair fall. This is because stress puts a lot of pressure on the body. You can read more in detail about stress in this article here .
- Androgenic alopecia, which is also called male pattern baldness, affects both men and women. It can be hereditary or simply caused by ageing. This condition gets worse when there are other health issues present.
- Extreme temperatures, like those experienced in dry climates or saunas and steam rooms, can affect hair as well as cause hair loss. This is because extreme heat damage the hair follicles and prevents them from receiving adequate nutrients.
Seek medical help if required
If you are experiencing a lot of hair fall and it is not due to any of the reasons mentioned above, then you should consult a doctor. There could be other underlying health issues that are causing your hair to fall out. A doctor can help to diagnose the problem and will be able to provide the necessary treatment.