I forgot the password of Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender. I am searching each day on Google “how to recover the password of Netgear EX3700 extender” but nothing worked. What do I suppose to do? How can I recover the Netgear extender’s password? Are these queries similar to yours? If yes, then worry not! We’ve got you covered! This article will make you familiar with the process on how to recover the lost or forgotten Netgear extender admin password in minutes. So, without much ado, let’s start over!
What this Article Covers?
- Steps to recover the Netgear extender password
- Steps to reset the Netgear WiFi extender
- Steps to configure the Netgear range extender
Let’s dig a little deeper!
Steps to Recover EX3700 Password
The steps highlighted below are required to reset the password of Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Turn on your Netgear extender. Plug it in to a working wall outlet. And, then connect the extender to your router via Ethernet cable.
- Once done, launch a web browser of your choice on a computer or laptop.
- Now, navigate to the Netgear Genie setup page using default mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP.
- Click Cancel or Forget Password option.
- Answer the security questions (any 2 of your choice).
- Click Continue.
- Provide a valid email ID.
- Then, click the link sent to you via email.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Kudos! You have successfully recovered the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender. Now, to get access to the extender’s settings page using the recovered admin details. As soon as you get into the extender’s settings page, you can make changes as per your preferences.
- What if you fail to recover the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender?
- What if you don’t have the security questions?
Need not to worry! The only way out to cope up with the issue is to reset your Netgear extender back to factory default values. Don’t know how to reset Netgear extender? Worry not! The resetting Netgear extender is not rocket-science. Netgear extender reset process can be done easily by following a few steps outlined underneath.
Steps to Reset the EX3700
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is powered on.
- Disconnect your devices from the extender’s WiFi (if connected).
- Locate the reset hole on your Netgear extender.
- Press the reset hole gently using a pin or any similar object.
- Hold the Netgear extender reset hole and release it.
- Allow your extender to reboot. This might take longer time than expected.
- The Netgear extender’s power LED will become lit and green.
Congrats! Your Netgear extender resets successfully. Now, you can again set it up using the default mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP.
Don’t know how to set up Netgear extender? Worry not! This piece of writing will never let you down! We will make the Netgear extender setup process a piece of cake for you! Keep reading!
Steps to Set up the EX3700
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi range extender first.
- Connect the Netgear EX3700 extender to your main router using an Ethernet cable.
- Power on your desktop or laptop. Ensure that you have an active and stable internet connection.
- Get connected to Netgear_ext.
- Launch your preferred web browser on your device.
- Enter mywifiext or 192.168.1.250 IP in the URL bar.
- Press Enter and you will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear extender setup process without any hassle.
Hurrah! You have successfully performed Netgear EX3700 setup! Now, you can enjoy the extended range of the internet throughout your house, even in blind spots.
The Last Words
We hope that all the 3 steps provided in this article were helpful to you. Do share your feedback with your fellow readers. And if you need any assistance regarding resetting, configuring, and recovering the password of Netgear EX3700 extender, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.