Australia will be a fantastic option if you want to build your professional career and change your fortune. Not only will you find a high salaried job, but also you can enjoy numerous workplace benefits as a full-time employee. Individuals wanting to find a job in an Australian company permanently can check the permanent work visas the Australian Department of Home Affairs has.
The Skilled Regional Visa 887 is a work visa issued to an international applicant who can live and work in an Australian regional area for an indefinite period. In addition to allowing an applicant to live permanently, this visa also helps a person improve their working career.
How can the Skilled Visa 887 help you improve your professional career?
The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is an Australian permanent residency visa, and the holders can enjoy a number of benefits, including the following.
- Besides residing in Australia permanently, you can also work and study with no restrictions imposed.
- Like citizens, Australian permanent residents can also enrol in Medicare, which is the Government health scheme of Australia. Medicare benefits will include medical treatments at much cheaper rates and sometimes for free at public hospitals.
- You will be able to sponsor visas of eligible relatives who want to come to Australia.
- After a few years of stay, you can then apply for Australian citizenship.
- Within the five years since the visa grant, you can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish. Remember that this condition is applicable for only five years. You will be required to obtain an RRV (Resident Return Visa) to come back to Australia after this 5-year period ends.
While having this visa, you will know that you will stay and work here without any restrictions. Such a situation will be suitable for you to concentrate on your work and study completely. You can enrol in a job-oriented training program to improve your technical and professional skills if you wish.
The job sector also features a warm environment where you will find friendly colleagues. They can also make significant contributions to your development as a professional.
Know your eligibility
For your 887 Visa to Australia, you will need to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You will need to hold one of the eligible visas for this 887 Visa application. These visas include Provisional Skilled Visas of Subclasses 487, 489, 496, 475, and 495.
- Other than one of these visas, you can also hold a Bridging Visa A or a Bridging Visa B after making an application for a Visa Subclass 489, 495, or 487.
Living for a specific period in a regional area of Australia
Living for at least 2 years in an Australian specified regional area is necessary. If you feel confused by the term ‘specified regional area’, check about it on the Department of Home Affairs website. The postcodes of these areas apply to applicants of only 887 and 489 Visa Subclasses.
Knowing and fulfilling the 887 Visa work requirements is crucial if you want your application to succeed.
- Besides living for 2 years in a regional area in Australia, you should also have at least 1 year of work experience there.
- You should have worked in a regional or a metropolitan area (with low-population growth) if a territory or state government had nominated you for the previous eligible visa.
- On the other hand, if an eligible relative had sponsored you, you should have worked in a designated regional area for 1 year.
- Remember that only a full-time worker can apply for the 887 Visa. Full-time work means working for 35 hours each week.
- If you have worked as a concurrent part time worker, that experience can also be added.
- The experience should be in the nominated or a closely related occupation.
Meeting health and character requirements
Like any visa, for this visa, too, you must meet specific character and health requirements. Regarding health checkups, you have to check out with the authorities to know whether or not you need them.
No debts to the Australian Government
Neither you nor your family members (including those not accompanying you to Australia) have any debts uncleared to the Australian Government. Showing that you have at least made an arrangement is necessary.
You have to be physically present in Australia not only when applying but also during the visa grant.
Suppose your spouse or partner wants to apply for this visa as a primary applicant. In that case, they should also have the eligible visa at the time of application and satisfy the relevant eligibility criteria.
Documents you should submit
You should now start gathering essential documents according to the 887 Visa checklist if you meet all the eligibility criteria. Make sure you have the following documents ready and have scanned copies of them.
You must prove that you have lived in a regional area for at least 2 years. The supporting documents will be:
- Gas and electricity bills
- Lease agreements
- Title deeds of the place you have resided
Documents related to health and character
For health requirements, you will need to upload scanned copies of health checkup results. Whereas various police clearance certificates and completed character forms will be required to prove you have a good character.
For applicants who have worked for an Australian employer, the following documents should be uploaded.
- Employment references
- Tax returns
- Contracts/superannuation evidence
For self-employed individuals, specific documents will include:
- Important company documents with proper registration
- Documents related to taxation
- Business contract documents
- Financial statements that are properly audited (for a particular period)
- Company prospectus
Submitting all the essential documents at the time of application is necessary. So, you must take extra care of it and make sure you do not miss anything. You should also check if the documents are consistent and genuine. For professional guidance, you can seek help from a migration agent in Adelaide.
How long does the visa take to process?
Depending on the number of applications submitted, the 887 Visa processing time can vary. For 75% of visa applications, it takes about 12 months for the visa to get processed. 90% of visa applications get processed in 18 months.
The 887 Visa processing time can get extended depending on the situation. If you cannot make the application correctly, miss any documents, the procedure can get delayed.
What to do after you receive your visa?
Once you receive your Regional Visa Subclass 887, you must remain compliant with all the necessary 887 Visa conditions. If you violate any condition, you will face problems in applying for citizenship.
Where Can You Find A Professional Migration Agent?
One of the best parts of Australian Immigration is that numerous registered migration agents have successfully fulfilled their clients’ requirements. Backed up by their year-long experience, an immigration agent Adelaide can deliver the best possible professional advice.
For contacts, you may get in touch with top-rated migration firms. They will help you in this regard!