If you plan to study at an Australian institute, you must apply for and obtain your Australian Student Visa 500. With this visa, you can live for a maximum of 5 years in Australia, which covers the entire period of your course. You can also work as a part-time employee to cover your costs. However, you should meet all the basic eligibility criteria for a successful visa application and submit all the necessary documents. Students failing to do so face visa rejection. From this blog, you can get a comprehensive idea about the key eligibility requirements and document checklist for the Visa 500.
Basic eligibility criteria for the Australian Student Visa 500
Like any visa, the Student Visa Subclass 500 also has some crucial eligibility requirements that every applicant should satisfy to obtain the visa without any difficulty. The specifications are listed as follows.
First, you should remember that you must enrol in a full-time course to be eligible for this visa. Courses that last more than 3 months are considered full-time in Australia.
One of the most important Student Visa 500 requirements is that you must be a genuine temporary entrant (GTE) to Australia. It means that you must convince the immigration official that you are entering Australia for study and will return to your country of residence or home country once you graduate. The official will evaluate your visa application based on the following factors, including:
- Economic situations in your home country
- Immigration records of the applicant
- Prospects of the course
- Opportunities for the applicant in Australia
- Political conditions in your home country
Health examinations and health insurance
The Australian Government is strict about public health, and therefore, it is mandatory to have good health. You can prove it by submitting a health check-up certificate issued by accredited doctors. For the health examination, you can make an appointment with the closest professional. Once the appointment is fixed, you will receive the HAP ID you should provide when filling the form.
In addition, you will also need to show that you have no disease that requires constant support from the government or the community. An X-ray may be necessary to prove that you have not contracted tuberculosis. Application for the required health examinations can be made before or after beginning with the application procedure.
You will also need good health insurance coverage that will remain valid throughout your stay in Australia. Usually, international students and their families coming to Australia must have the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from the very day they arrive in this country.
Not only good health, but the students should also have good character. To prove it, you can show the following evidence.
- You do not have any records of criminal activity or conviction.
- The Australian Government should have never deported you in the past.
What are the documents required for the Student Visa 500?
In line with the Visa Subclass 500 requirements, applicants need to submit several important documents at the time of application. Before submitting, they must take a look at the Document Checklist Tool available on the Department of Home Affairs website. Make sure you see the most updated list. The Student Visa 500 checklist usually contains the following documents.
- Copies of bio-data pages of your passport, which must be valid for a minimum of six months beyond your stay in Australia
- Copy of a national id card
- Filled out non-immigration visa application
- Payment receipt of the application fee
- CoE or Confirmation of Enrolment
- Acceptance letter issued by your host university, which will include the study plan
- OSHC receipt
- Four copies of recent digital photographs
- Transcripts, degrees, diplomas, or certificates related to previous academic qualifications
- Result of an English language test
- Genuine Temporary Entrant statement
- Financial proof, including bank statements and proof of receiving funding from any other source
- Health examination certificates
- Character clearance certificates
- Parental consent letter for applicants under 18 years of age
- Specific documents related to welfare arrangements for applicants under 18 years of age.
Confirmation of Enrolment is a formal document that you will need to submit while applying for the Visa 500. After you enrol in a specific Australian institute, the institute authority will send you an acceptance letter. You have to accept their offer and complete the payment. After that, they will send you the CoE. Remember, you must scan all the paper documents because you will need to upload scanned copies while applying online.
What are the specific English language requirements for the Student Subclass 500 Visa?
The most common English language test that international students take is the IELTS. That is why many students ask the experts about the minimum band score requirement while applying for the Student Subclass 500 Visa.
However, one must keep in mind that the score varies according to the university. So, it is recommended to check this information on websites of different universities. Usually, international students must have at least 5.5 overall band scores if they take the IELTS.
If someone wants to sit for the TOEFL, an overall band score of 46 will be required. If you are from an English-speaking country, you will be exempt from this condition.
How and when should you apply for the Student Visa 500?
For the Subclass 500 Visa application, you have to follow the steps below.
- First of all, for an online application, you must create an ImmiAccount on the website of the Australian Immigration Department. While starting the procedure, you have to log in to the account.
- Before you apply, you may go through your health examinations. If you want to hire an immigration agent in Adelaide for a smooth application and obtain the best outcome, you should hire them at this step.
- The next step is vital, where you must gather all the necessary visa application documents. We have already provided a detailed list in this article. Use that list to prepare your documents. Make sure they are correctly scanned much before the application procedure starts.
- Once you properly submit all the documents, your application will be complete.
- After the application is submitted, you will need to wait for the confirmation given by the Department. The authority may also ask you for additional documents or queries, to which you should respond faster. Otherwise, your application may get delayed considerably.
- You will get to know about the application outcome through email.
Important points to note if you include family members
The Visa 500 allows the applicants to include family members in their visa applications. When submitting your application, you must declare all your family members, even if they have no immediate plans to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, you may face troubles in future when they plan to travel to Australia to join you. You will then need to clarify why you did not declare them in the previous application.
Where Should You Look For Migration Agents?
Many migration firms provide top-rated migration services in Adelaide and also other places. They can help you with this purpose. The best agents are registered on Australia’s immigration Agent Adelaide Registration Authority.